I’ve done a bunch of food tours. Taipei, Munich, Toronto, Porto, Palma, Helsinki and more. The Hungry Birds tour ranks right up at the top as one of the best and most enjoyable tours I’ve done. Five stars!
A dozen food stops across Amsterdam where we had herring, pom sandwiches, a Febo croquette, proffertjes, cookies, spicy tuna, genever, beer and just wow, wow, wow.
Esther took care of us for more than four hours, meeting up and starting on time and touring our way around De Albert Cuypmarkt, brown cafes, bakeries, tokos and more. Well paced with food stops, cultural stops and rest breaks. She clearly loves her city and loves showing it off to visitors. It was a fabulous time that my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed.
– Wear comfy shoes. The walk goes at a good pace and distance (but frequent breaks).
– If it looks like it might rain, bring an umbrella. The tour goes on.
– Bring a small backpack or bag as you might want to purchase something here or there.
– Charge your phone/camera.
– BE HUNGRY. There will be a TON of food.
Most important? Have an open mind. Yes, there’s some interesting stuff here. Try it, try it, try it! Some of these foods are only here in Amsterdam and isn’t that why you’re on a food tour?
[Review 12094 overall, 1877 of 2019.]