The Carmelitas is one of these two churches that aren’t *quite* attached to each other. The twin churches are separated by a three foot wide house which once served as the dividing line between the Carmo monks and the Carmelite nuns.
The Carmelite nuns church is the one to the left. The exterior was completed in 1628 and the interior not until 1650.
Dating to the 17th century, its modest classical facade belies its lavishly gilded nave. Well worth the €2.50 price to tour the interior.
[Review 9845 overall, 1423 of 2018.]